1. An employee may, by prior agreement with the head of his or her structural unit, use his or her personal car for business travel (for carrying out official duties at the place of work or for going on a business trip).
2. A passenger car or a motor vehicle, which is not in the ownership or in the possession of the employer, is deemed to be a private car. The expenses relating to the use of a personal car for business travel shall be reimbursed to employees employed in TUT under an employment contract.
3. Reimbursement is paid to an employee in the amount of 0.30 euros per every kilometer of business travel, but not more than 335 euros during each calendar month (the total for carrying out official duties at the place of work and for going on a business trip), if records of the use of the personal car are kept in the form of a travel log separately for each travel.
4. A reimbursement shall be determined and paid as follows:
4.1 on the basis of a written decision of the head of the structural unit/area director (Annex 1) and the enclosed travel log (Annex 2);
4.2 for reimbursement of travel expenses incurred in connection with a business trip on the basis of an expenditure report, whereas the travel reimbursed shall also be recorded in the travel log by indicating in the box “notes” of the travel log that it is a business trip.
5. A decision on reimbursement of expenses related to the use of a personal car for business travel together with a travel log shall be submitted to the Finance Office not later than by the 5th date of the following month. When reimbursement is applied for the first time, a copy of the technical passport of the car shall also be submitted. [entered into force 25 May 2016]
6. The reimbursement shall be transferred to the employee’s bank account within 10 days from submission of the decision concerning disbursement and the travel log to the Finance Office. Reimbursement shall not be paid for a period, when the employee is on holiday, including holiday without pay, is temporarily incapacitated for work or refuses to perform work for any other reason specified in section 19 of the Employment Contracts Act. [entered into force 25 May 2016]
7. The user of the personal car is responsible for the accuracy of the data submitted for payment of reimbursement for use of a personal car for business travel and the head of the structural unit/area director shall be responsible for the implementation of this procedure.