Based on clause 6 (3) 6) of Tallinn University of Technology Act and taking into account that the Rector is the legal representative of Tallinn University of Technology (hereinafter the university) and makes transactions on behalf of the university within the limit of authority granted by the law and statutes of the university:
1. I grant the area directors and the heads of academic structural units authority for representing the university ex officio. The authority commences on assuming office and terminates upon leaving office.
2. I authorise the following ex officio:
2.1 area directors to conclude all the transactions arising from the field of activity of the area director appointed by the Rector and from the functions of his or her subordinate structural units;
2.2 deans to conclude transactions that are carried out at the school and fall within the competence of the school and the dean and the price of which does not exceed EUR 60,000 (sixty thousand), VAT not included, incl. to enter into contracts on compensating the study costs with students and with external students applying for graduation as well as contracts concerning grants and internship; [amended on 28 November 2017]
2.3 heads of the departments to conclude transactions that are carried out at the school and fall within the competence of the department and the head of the department and the price of which does not exceed EUR 60,000 (sixty thousand), VAT not included. [amended on 28 November 2017]
3. The authority:
3.1 has been granted to area directors with the right to delegate and to heads of academic structural units without the right to delegate, excluding granting authority required for carrying out operations for the performance of a contract. A dean has the right to delegate the authority to a vice-dean for academic affairs in order to issue dean’s office orders; [entry into force 21.06.2022]
3.2 does not grant the representative a right to conclude employment contracts, contacts for services, authority agreements or any other contracts with the employees of the university;
3.3 shall be valid until expiry of the term of office of the representative as an employee unless the Rector revokes the authority earlier.
4. The representative:
4.1 shall conclude transactions laid down in this directive only for achievement of the goals of the university and within the limits of the resources at his or her disposal and planned in the budget for that purpose;
4.2 shall conclude transactions in compliance with the relevant legislation applicable in the state and at the university;
4.3 shall, on the basis of and to the extent laid down in legislation, be liable for violation of his or her obligations and for damage caused to the university upon conclusion of transactions.
5. Conclusion of transactions means entry into contracts, assuming obligations, preparation and signing of documents and carrying out other operations and making declarations of intent involving legally binding effects. Entry into contracts means also conducting pre-contractual negotiations, submission of tenders and applications as well as amendment and termination of contracts.
6. The Rector may issue a supplementary letter of authorisation, specify the content of authority in more detail or grant a different authority to a representative.
7. By this directive I revoke and replace valid authority granted to area directors and heads of academic structural units, excluding special authority (i.e. authority not arising from office) and authority granted in a notarised form.
8. I repeal Rector’s directive No 227 of 4 September 2015 “Granting heads of academic structural units authorisation for representing Tallinn University of Technology”.
9. This directive shall enter into force on 1 January 2017.