Internship Procedure at the TalTech School of Business and Governance (in force 16.08.2021)
Approved by order No 164 of 21.05.2021 of the Dean
In force from: 16.08.2021
In force from: 16.08.2021
- Internship is coordinated by Internship Coordinators appointed by the department responsible for the course. The department responsible for the course shall notify the Programme Director and Head of Dean’s Office when Internship Coordinators are changed.
- For each internship course in the School of Business and Governance, the Internship Coordinator creates an internship Moodle course. If there are several Internship Coordinators in the same internship course, the internship Moodle course creation will be organized by the Program Director. Internship Moodle course is managed by the Internship Coordinator(s). Internship Moodle course contains internship documents, information about internship defence procedure and deadlines.
- Internship takes place according to the internship instruction, which shall be compiled by the Internship Coordinator following the format presented in Appendix A and shall be approved by the Programme Director. The internship instruction shall be available in OIS in place of the extended syllabus and in internship Moodle course.
- The evaluation form of the supervisor at the host organisation shall be compiled by the Internship Coordinator following the format presented in Appendix B and shall be approved by the Programme Director. The evaluation form of the supervisor at the host organisation shall be available in OIS and in internship Moodle course.
- In case it is not considered necessary to duplicate the documents specified in clauses 3 and 4 in OIS, the Internship Coordinator adds a link to the internship Moodle course to the internship OIS syllabus.
- The Programme Director decides upon the necessity of an internship defence within the study programme. The internship Coordinator organises the internship defence and informs the Programme Director and Study Counsellor of the defence times by Friday of the second week of the semester the latest.
- For assessment of the internship, the student shall submit an application to the Internship Coordinator in the appropriate form in OIS. The student shall also submit on internship Moodle course the evaluation form of the supervisor at the host organisation as an Excel file signed digitally by the supervisor of the internship at the host organisation (see Annex B), internship report or other documents (such as Europass) necessary to prove that an internship has been completed. If the study programme requires internship defence, the student shall defend the internship report to pass the internship.
- In order to pass the internship in the current semester, the student shall present the documents described in point 6 on Friday of the 14th study week of the semester at the latest. The Internship Coordinator provides an evaluation to the internship of students graduating in the same semester at the latest on Friday of the 16th study week of the semester, evaluation of other students by the deadline of the exams at the latest.