Based on subsection 3 (7) of Regulation No 7 of 22 October 2019 of the Senate of Tallinn University of Technology “The Rules for Accreditation of Prior and Experiential Learning”,
1. I approve the following fee for the review of applications for accreditation of prior and experiential learning (hereinafter referred to as “APEL”): 15 euros per an application submitted.
2. I approve fees for the assessment of APEL for completion of a study programme based on ECTS credit points as follows:
2.1 upon applying for accreditation of learning or continuing education in the amount of up to 30 ECTS credit points (inclusive), the fee is 12 euros for 1 ECTS credit point.
2.2 upon applying for accreditation of learning or continuing education in the amount of 31 ECTS credit points or more, the fee is 360 euros regardless of the number of ECTS credit points;
2.3 upon applying for accreditation of experiential learning, the fee is 30 euros for 1 ECTS credit point;
2.4 upon applying for accreditation of a combination of prior learning, continued education or experiential learning, the fee is 20 euros for 1 ECTS credit point.
3. In compliance with clause 2 and based on the number of the ECTS credit points of the course in a study programme of Tallinn University of Technology, for the completion of which the applicant wants to use APEL, an invoice is prepared and submitted to the student for payment.
4. A fee is not charged for the review and assessment of APEL applications from students studying for free, incl. students who have been granted a tuition fee waiver scholarship, if:
4.1 it has been so agreed in a partnership agreement for joint studies signed between the higher education institutions (studying as a visiting student);
4.2 the student has previously agreed in writing with the School on taking the courses in another higher education institution (studying as an exchange student at a higher education institution abroad).
5. A fee is not charged for the review and assessment of an APEL application from a student who pays a semester fee if the student takes courses as an exchange student at a higher education institution abroad based on an agreement signed between the universities and the student has previously agreed with the programme director on taking the courses.
6. Upon applying for accreditation of courses taken previously at Tallinn University of Technology, only the fee per application submitted shall be charged from the student for reviewing the applications.
7. The fees for the review and assessment of an APEL application shall not be charged from applicants of Master’s studies upon assessing whether the applicant meets the admission requirements.
8. The order shall enter into force on 1 August 2020.