Guidelines for Drawing up a PhD Student’s Action Plan
1. A PhD student, in cooperation with his or her supervisor, shall draw up the PhD student’s action plan (hereinafter action plan) in the study information system (ÕIS).
2. An action plan shall include the following information:
2.1 the topic of the Doctoral thesis in Estonian and in English;
2.2 the field and specialty classification according to the Common European Research Classification Scheme (CERCS);
2.3 an annotation of the topic of the Doctoral thesis;
2.4 a report on the implementation of the action plan by academic years;
2.5 the supervisor’s evaluation of the implementation of the action plan.
3. In the annotation of the Doctoral thesis the PhD student shall describe the topic, purpose and the expected results of the research.
4. A PhD student shall enter the topic of the Doctoral thesis, the CERCS classification and an annotation not later than by the redline day of the admission semester.
5. A report on the implementation of the action plan shall include a description of the PhD student’s research carried out and the actions planned for the following academic year. The report should also include a list of publications published or accepted for publication.
6. A report on the implementation of the action plan by academic years shall be filled in not later than two weeks prior to attestation. If a PhD student undergoes a special attestation at the end of an autumn semester, the student shall fill in the report on the work completed in the current academic year.
7. A supervisor shall enter an evaluation of the implementation of the action plan not later than one week prior to attestation.
8. The Dean’s Office shall submit a printout of the report on implementation of the action plan and the supervisor’s evaluation as well as the transcript of records from ÕIS to the attestation committee prior to attestation.